Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Best of 2013...And Beyond!

2013, unfortunately, your time has come to an end. Don’t worry, your passing will not be in vain. You’ve left some great entertainment and memories in your wake. Perhaps I could reminisce with you of those times, and maybe the hopes of 2014 if you’re up for it.

Favorite books of 2013:


Harken, by Kaleb Nation: If no one’s heard of this book, I really don’t know what to say. “No soup for you,” perhaps? But honestly, I really enjoyed this book. I found Kaleb’s writing very interesting, and his plotting and character development were just great for words. No book has really made me more cautious of the world around me since The Hunger Games, so thanks Kaleb!



Allegiant, by Veronica Roth: I don’t think words can describe how I felt when I read Allegiant. I had so many expectations leading up to its release that I wasn’t sure if they were going to be met or not. To my surprise, not only did they meet them, they surpassed them. And even though its conclusion was unexpected and heart wrenching, now that I’ve had distance from it for a while, I can honestly say that Veronica Roth’s created one of the best series finale in modern history, right up there next to Harry Potter for Christ’s sake! 

Favorite movies of 2013:
Man of Steel: This movie was everything I needed from a Superman film and more! And also the fact that it inspired Invincible, makes me even pleased.

The Hunger Games: Catching Fire: By far, the best of the series! Like seriously, it was so close to the book, I got chills in the movie theater. Thanks Francis Lawrence! You didn’t let me down.

Books I'm looking forward to in 2014:
Harvest, by Kaleb Nation: The suspense is killing me! Just tell me that Michael and Callista become a couple! That’s all I ever wanted!

Movies I'm looking forward to in 2014:
Divergent: I’ve seen every set picture, the trailers, like, 50 times each, and have already pre-ordered some of the movie merchandise. Seriously, I peeing my pants waiting to see this.

The Amazing Spider-Man 2: I don’t care what people say! If even for a fraction, I believe Jamie Foxx’s performance will be what Heath Ledger’s was to The Dark Knight.

The Fault in Our Stars: If my experience from reading the book is any indication, I might be needing a backpack full of tissues to make it through this movie.

The Hunger Games: Mockingjay-Part 1: My dear Tributes, I think it'd be best that we don't lie to each other. We are all anticipating Josh Hutcherson’s performance as Peeta more than anything else.
There’s also a few personal things to look forward to. ACT exams, learning to drive, and maybe (fingers crossed) the release of the Invincible sequel!

So, yeah, I think it’s going to be another good year.

No comments:

Post a Comment